Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Things are looking up

Things are going rather well here.

Inky's face is getting better. The infection's gone, the wound's scabbed over and shrunk, and she has a little bit of fur growing back where the vet had to shave her. Believe me, on a black cat, 1 mm of fur looks a lot better than bare skin. She's happier too, and very affectionate.

I finally made a little money with Adsense - the targeted ads on my web site. Not a lot, but now that I've earned a little, I feel I can probably earn more.

Recently I've been setting myself one writing target and one domestic target every morning, and usually meeting them. The result is that I have an almost-finished short story and a house that's almost recovered from last month's exhibition.

Best of all, my son's working more at school, and got a good mark in his Language exam. So we had pancakes for tea.

And we still live on La Palma. Every time I see a charter jet leaving the island, I think of all the tourists going home and I think, "Nyer nyer na nyer nyer." I know it's immature, but even after almost 16 years here, I can't help it.

No comments: