Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dratted tom cat.

A tom cat left his calling card at our front door. (This is a bit odd because both our queen cats have been speyed and shouldn't have the pheremones to attract toms, but of course the smell the tom left is unmistakable.) I tried chucking a bucket of water at it, which reduced the smell but nowhere near enough. So just when I thought I was catching up after flu and visitors, I'm having to spring clean the entrance hall. It wouldn't be so bad in a normal house, but in our clutter-ridden house, it one of the many places where the males just dump things. Like most cleaning jobs, it took a lot longer to clear the floor than to mop it.

Oh well, hopfully I've fixed it now. And it was high time the doormat had a wash anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, well the tom cat was just following suit (another male dumping things there). Try spraying the area with vinegar. Cat's hate it and it generally deters them.