Saturday, July 28, 2007

More paperwork.

Today was busy. This morning I went to El Paso with my friend Helen to collect the paperwork from the technical inspection of their van, and then take it to the agency in Santa Cruz. When we got to the agency, the door was open and nobody was there. So we went for a coffee and cameback. Still nobody there.

We went to the bank. I've had people phoning me, saying they were from the bank and offering me a new credit card, but it was "Caller ID withheld" an I wante to check. The bank couldn't say for definite either way, but they told me if it really was someone else, then they'd know my details without being told, so DON'T TELL ANYONE. I'd assumed that anyway.

When we went back to the agency. Still nobody there.

So we went and bought a birthday present for my friend's daughter, who'll be three on Saturday.

And when we got back to the agency, they were both there. We were told the local car tax will be 40 Euros for half a year, and we should be able to pick up the Spanish number plate on Tuesday, maybe even Monday. That just leaves insurance, which only takes about half an hour, and then they'll finally be able to drive the thing again!

Of course they'll still need my help with other things, but it'll be good to have that out of the way. And they'll be delighted not to have to pay for a hire car any more.

No comments: