Sunday, August 19, 2007

Pwned

I've learned a new word.

My son is a video games nut, like most 10-year-olds, and this morning he informed me that he'd just been pwned online. Apparently it means to be soundly thrashed in a game. I looked it up on wikipedia, and found that pwn also means to take control of someone else's computer.

Meanwhile I'm editing the photos from last week's wedding. A lot of them need minor exposure tweaks -- after all, you've got a white dress next to a black suit (which tends to fool exposure meters) and I was using a flash gun I'd only had for three weeks (see The Wedding of the Year). A few need cropping, which takes a little longer. And I'm putting my name discretely in the corner of each one. I'm also new to Photoshop, but I'm using the same small set of commands every time, and my friend Helen showed me how to get one key press to do a whole bunch of commands. So I'm averaging about two photos a minute.

589 down, 672 to go. I'm pwned.

No comments: