Thursday, August 16, 2007

Spread thin

Today I went to see my friends in Franceses, and to translate for them at their town hall. It's always nice to see them, and the new progress on their house. They've done wonders with the room they were decorating.


It's a good thing I enjoyed the visit, because the town hall trip was a washout. Everyone we wanted to see is on holiday. But we did get an email, which ought to save at least one future trip.

On the way back from Santo Domingo, Theresa commented that I was like warm margerine - "Spread very thin."

My middle name is Marjorie, so I was called Margerine at school. When the bullies weren't calling me something worse. So I told Theresa that no, I wasn't spread thin like margerine; I was spread thin like caviar, thank you very much.

She's absolutely right about my being spread thin, though.

No comments: