Friday, December 28, 2007

Gotcha!

Today is Holy Inocents Day, which is the Spanish equivalent of April Fool's Day. Last year I amazed myself by fooling my husband. This year I couldn't resist having a go at Helen and Theresa. Fair do's, I'd told them about the Spanish tradition yesterday.

And this afternoon I phoned them and asked if they'd seen the local news? Because their Town Hall was suddenly full of policemen investigating allegations of major fraud, like Marbella, but obviously on a smaller scale. And the really awful bit for them: they'd announced a moritorium on all planning permissions for the forseeable future. Which presumably included their permission for a bathroom.

Poor Theresa fell for it completely until I got the giggles (which was only a couple of minutes). As she said, a corruption scandal was only too plausible at the moment. Unfortunately I worried her far more than I intended to. She's forgiven me, thank goodness.

Memo to self: This is fun but I really have to stop before I do real damage to someone.

No comments: