Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas to Both my Readers



Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and Merry Whatever-you-celebrate to the rest.

On La Palma they have really elaborate nativity scenes, often showing a whole Canarian village. This picture is from one just down the road, last year.

I'm cooking turkey today for the first time in twelve years. You see in Spain the big party is Christmas Eve. So the first Christmas we were married we went to Mum-in-Law's and partied until about 2 a.m., and then I had to get up at 7 a.m. to put the turkey in the oven. I'd invited all the observatory batchelors, but only one
came and he was a Muslim, so presumably he wouldn't have missed it all that much anyway. We had a good time, but for the last eleven years I've settled for just the Spanish party.

This year Helen and Theresa are coming over for turkey, but we're not eating it until about 5 p.m. So I'll have plenty of time to cook it.

I collected the turkey yesterday. It was 66.61€, but the man on the till read teh label upside down and charged me €19.99.

Oh lord I was tempted, but I pointed out his mistake.

He said, "No, it's 19.99€."

So I pointed out the writing on the label was upside down when it said 19.99€.

He might have said thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Merry Whatever-you-celebrate to you too. There are only two of us here, so settled for a large turkey breast only. What else is there to do during the great annual commercial holiday, except keep making excuses to eat yet another meal? :)