Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Santo Domingo again


This morning I went to Garafía town hall again with Helen. As usual, it was after ten thirty when we got there, and we had to wait at the technical office, but we got all the paperwork done without any real problem. I took some photos of the little garden at the town hall. I have no idea whether the rock carvings are genuine pre-Spanish items or copies, but they're certainly pretty. We were even talking about taking a small scenic detour on the way home. But somehow the post-paperwork coffee stretched out, and we looked at the time and said, "Oops!"

Obviously I didn't have time to buy a padded envelope after all. I didn't have time to take Helen home either, but fortunately she wanted to be dropped off in Los Sauces anyway, which was on my route.

By half past twelve I wanted the loo, but we didn't have time to stop. I shoved Helen out of the car in Los Sauces at one o'clock, envying her a town full of bars with toilets. I got to San Antonio at 1:29, walked into the grounds of my son's school just as the bell went, and shot into the toilet.

Oh what a relief!

No comments: