Monday, March 17, 2008

Computer woes

Soon after the last post, I started scanning the computer for spyware prior to online shopping. The anti-root kit scan came up with loads of suspicious files, which I deleted. And now the dang thing won't boot. It's not just missing one file. I really messed it up.

So yesterday afternoon I scanned the laptop, and eventually did my shopping. And my husband removed the data disk from the main computer and plugged it into the USB port of the laptop, so I could finish updating the other blog. But it was hard going, so I concentreted on housework.

Now we have a very small systenm disk with windows and nothing else, with the old system disk as a data disk.

I'm cross with myself, but mostly I'm crosser with the people who write spyware. If they weren't such selfish, immoral gits, the whole thing would never have happened.

No comments: