Friday, April 04, 2008

E-Bay Pain

On March 18th, my son wanted to buy a PS2 game on E-Bay. Of course that meant he had to use my account to do so. It meant running the anti-spyware scans, which was slow going, because at the time we were still recovering from the computer virus, but eventually we bought it and paid for it.

The same evening I got an email saying the payment had been received and they'd put the game in the post in the next couple of days.

The post can be rather slow from the mainland, but yesterday I realised that it darn well should have arrived by now.

So I emailed the seller. The email bounced because his inbox is full. Very profesional - NOT!

So I sent him a message via E-Bay. I hate doing that because it always takes me ages to find out how to do it. You'd think they'd have a link on the page that shows the things you've bought, but no.

Today I got a message from PayPal saying he'd refunded my money. This hasn't shown up in my account. Then I got an email from the seller saying, in effect, "So are you going to pay me then?"

This annoyed me. I went through all the rigmarole of sending him another message via E-Bay, and also sent a longer email, with the previous messages attached.

The email bounced again.

I'm spitting tacks.

No comments: