Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hot Stuff

We have the calmina - the wind off the Sahara again. This used to only happen a couple of times a summer, but for the last five years or so it's been happening more frequently, and over more of the year. We even had calima in January this year. To be honest, that was rather nice for everyone except the farmers. We don't often swim in the sea in the middle of winter. (Tourists do: They've just come from sub-zero temperatures after all.)

Now we've got calima again, and it's too hot for comfort. I react badly to heat, and yesterday afternoon I felt ill. Oddly enough, I couldn't face the ironing, especially since the ironing board is in a west-facing room, which was getting full sun. I did some first thing this morning, before it got really hot. That'll have to last us until it cools off, tomorrow or Tuesday.

And apropos of absolutely nothing, here's a YouTube video my husband found this morning.

No comments: