Saturday, April 26, 2008

Living in Ad Land

I cooked stir-fried beef for lunch. After the first couple of mouthfuls, my husband started making "yum-yum" noises and pointing at his plate. (He's far too well brought up to talk with his mouth full.)

I had my own mouth full, so I put my hand over my heart and bowed as best I could sitting down, then held my cheek out to be kissed.

He obliged.

Then our son started making "yum-yum" noises and giving me a thumbs up. So I gave him a bow too, swallowed, and said "Thank you," to them both.

So for about two minutes we were just like the families you see in adverts, where everybody is sweet to everybody else all the time.

It was great while it lasted. (Although I will say, we're habitually much nicer to each other than some families I know.)

No comments: