Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Wind

It's windy today, even more than yesterday. In fact my son's school is going to be shut tomorrow, due to the weather alert. My usual weather site says the wind's gusting up to 57 km/h, which would be 7 on the Beaufort scale. I'd say those gusts are pretty constant, because every time I go outside, I feel I have to be careful.

And theoretically, tomorrow should be worse. Mind you, the last two occasions when the school's been closed for a weather alert, they've done so on the day after the worst of the weather. But my son is rather happy, of course. And I'm rather relieved too. You see, we have to go to the dentist this afternoon, and it can be hard to fit in that and homework.

Ruido 5 will go on sale on Friday, so this morning, Norma came around, and we spent hours putting the contents of Ruido 4 on the website. All that , and we only got about half way! But I'm so grateful for the front end provided by helresa.com. If I had to code the HTML like I did for the first website, I couldn't do more than about 10% of it.

And the fiction is fun again. On The Premises have a fun mini-competition: "Describe a single moment in time just after something has happened so clearly that the reader can understand what happened without having 'seen' it happen. Think of a photograph, as opposed to a movie. " So I've got two first drafts for this, although I can only enter one of them. And I'm still having fun with my hamster secret agent.

No comments: