Friday, May 02, 2008

Cue the BBQ



Since yesterday and tomorrow are public holidays, my son had the day off school today. Since it's Friday, Helen and Theresa would be coming to Santa Cruz for a Spanish lesson, and visiting me afterwards. Meanwhile Lou would be stuck alone at home with her foot in plaster and a toddler.

Cue for barbecue. And then we found Lou's partner had the day off too, even though he hadn't been told about it (!) We all went up to the leisure site at Monte de las Breñas. There are several of these dotted around the island. Each features brick or stone barbecue pits, water taps, tables and chairs. Some (Monte de las Breñas included) also have things like swings, slides and toilets. I brought along marinaded meat and salad, Lou brought lemon meringue pie, and Helen and Theresa did most of the cooking. To my amazement, I got the charcoal going on one match (plus paper, twigs and bark). We stuffed.

And now it's back to the translation. You know, the one I should be doing instead of cleaning balconies and enjoying myself.

No comments: