Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Duh!

I had the first part of my morning all planned: drop my son off at school, take little Sam to creche, and then swing by Cancajos for a photo on my way to breakfast with Norma. They were all quick jobs, so I expected to get to Norma's just after nine.

Sam wasn't his usual happy self when I got there, so we waited a while before I took him to nursery. This was OK - two year olds are not machines and I knew Norma would understand. In fact it's nice that Sam's usually such a happy, placid little boy.

As I left the nursery, I realised that I'd left the bacon for our breakfast sandwiches in the fridge. So I phoned Norma to warn her that I was running late, and went home.

Carlos was still there, having breakfast. We chatted while I added some ketchup to my bag and left. I got most of the way to San Antonio before the penny dropped. Still no bacon.

I parked and checked. Nope. No bacon.

I went home again, feeling really stupid. Although I suppose it's not all bad that I still find my husband distracting after almost 14 years of marriage.

I managed to grab my photo of Cancajos, and got to Norma's, a mere half hour late.

Ah well, as Cervantes said, "hunger's the best sauce." I really enjoyed my bacon sandwich when I finally got it.

No comments: