Thursday, May 08, 2008

Dying of Embarrassment

Tomorrow is my first day of the summer, tour guiding at the British telescopes, and I want to look respectable. After all, I'll be representing the British Telescopes to nearly fifty people. So I got out my tour guide outfit and checked that it still fits, and found matching shoes, and so on.

I also dyed my hair, because the roots were getting very noticeable.

Now I used the same hair dye for years with no trouble, but recently they stopped making that colour. So I tried another from the same make, but it was rather too loud for my taste, especially at first. Today I tried a different make, hoping for a more subtle effect.

Subtle? My hair looks like a flashing neon sign. It's the visual equivalent of a bl***y air-raid siren! And it's too late to dye it again.

Oh well, I suppose the guide's not suppose to fade into the background.

No comments: