Sunday, May 11, 2008

Getting it Written


Yesterday afternoon I went to a party. I wanted to ask a fellow writer there how he manages to write so fast. This is a man who produced a first draft in a couple of months.

Then I had such a good time that I forgot all about it. Until he said, "Excuse me, I must go and do some writing," and disappeared for maybe half an hour. He came back looking happy, and carried on partying.

So I think I got my answer, don't you?

And I got to see a lovely view from their roof.

2 comments:

Pamela Stocks said...

It's probably no excuse, but he's a man. Is he juggling all the other things that women have to juggle that makes it just that bit harder to move from one task, re-focus quickly, have no distractions and get on with it?

Amazingly gorgeous photo.

Sheila, Canary Islands said...

Well he's not being waited on, but as far as I know he's not doing the running around for anyone else, or juggling it with a day job, or supervising homework, or buying new clothes for a boy who grows out of them in months, or running errands for friends who have health problems or...

Glad you like the photo.