Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cueva Bonita

Yesterday evening we finally got our boat ride to Cueva Bonita, on the Fancy II. It's a nice little boat which holds about 30, and the crew are friendly. The light was gorgeous, and I can see exactly how Cueva Bonita (the Beautiful Cave) got it's name. At sunset, the light comes in reflecting off the water in the most gorgeous colours.

And I spent the entire three and a half hours vomiting. The fellers were very sweet to me while this was going on, but it was a huge relief to get back to port.

In spite of having parted company with tea and lunch, I didn't want dinner, just a glass of milk.

I was exhausted, and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Then I woke up at 2 am from a dream about vomiting. After that, every time I shut my eyes I could feel the bed pitching like the boat. So I had to get up and make myself some tea. I got back to bed at 4 am and managed to sleep.

Boy was I tired in the morning. And still nauseous. I couldn't face breakfast until eleven.

And ever since, people have been queuing up to tell me how wonderful modern sea-sickness pills are. I confess, I didn't even think of that, because they were no use to me when I was a kid.

So I might jsut try again another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from La Palma.