Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Well I'll Go to the Foot of our Stairs!

I won the contest at GUD, so I have a free magazine to look forward to.

Just for a change, life's been a bit too busy. This week, on top of the usual translating and housework, I'll be tour guiding at the Roque on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday; giving free English classes for my nieces on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; holding my son's birthday party on Friday, and going on holiday on Sunday afternoon. Yes, we're off to El Hierro for six days, which is good because I feel ready for some downtime! We're going by ferry - €98 for three of us and the car - which is so much cheaper than three flights to the UK that we're going to stay in the Parador. (For those who don't know, Paradors are a chain of posh, state-run hotels in Spain.)

So next week should be really relaxing.

This week isn't. It would be easier if I didn't feel I had to give the house a really good clean to make it welcoming for the burglars.

No comments: