Friday, October 10, 2008

De-cluttering

The clutter doesn't half collect around here. This year I've made an effort to throw stuff out, a little at a time. Today, instead, I went and bought a couple of new sideboards in a sale, which will be delivered on Monday. One will go in the living room, to hold the overflow of my son's toys. The other will go in the guest room. This frees up a bookshelf which just fits in the pantry.

Today my friends Helen and Theresa came over. They helped me clear out the pantry floor, remove everything form the bookcase upstairs,and put it in the pantry. So at long last I have enough space in the pantry to organise it, instead of just shoving things in wherever I can cram them. I even had space at the top to move stuff out of the living room that didn't really belong there.

Then we unloaded a very narrow bookcase in a corner and turned it though 90ยบ, so that I'll still be able to get things on and off the shelves when it's got a sideboard beside it.

The whole thing took a couple of hours, but the place definitely looks better.

No comments: