Saturday, December 27, 2008

Muddle Christmas

First there was the job at short notice. Then there was the flu. Then there was the cough that wouldn't let me sleep properly.

As a result, Christmas preparations got done as I flew by various shops, without any proper overall planning.

And amazingly, it pretty much worked. True, there was almost no butter for the brandy sauce, so I made it with a little olive oil and added a lot of cream and it wasn't bad. I even got chance to pop out and see the tall ships in town.

The only really bad thing that happened was poor Theresa got stung by a wasp, just beneath her eye. Of course it swelled up until she couldn't wear her glasses and hurt like mad.

And now I seem to be having a relapse of the flu. I've spent most of the day in bed.

No comments: