Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Procession



I went back to El Paso to see the procession of the Sacred Heart. It meant going right past the site of Saturday's accident, but it had to be done sooner or later. And I got a lot of nice photos, some of which are on the blog about La Palma

And my son's finished school for the summer. We don't get his report until Thursday - fingers crossed.

At 8 pm last night the silly kid remembered he had homework which had to be done if he was going to pass Spanish language, and it turned out to be a lot of it. Well, there were no more classes, and it didn't matter if he was sleepy today. So we let him stay up working until 11 pm. By that time, he'd pretty much slowed to a stop, so he went to bed. And I got up at 5:30 am (ow!) and made him a milky coffee, and called him at 6 am. To my astonishment, he woke up promptly, got up, and got to work. He just had time to finish and have breakfast before school.

And he left his homework behind. After all that!

So I went chasing after him in the car. Yup, I caught up with him, just before the school gates.

Apparently the teacher said it was very messy, not done quite right, and late, but she'd give him 50% which he thinks is enough to pass the subject.

Phew!

And tonight I'm off to Puerto Naos to photograph another fiesta. This time it's bonfires and a witches dance for St John's night.

No comments: