Sunday, January 24, 2010

I've done it again.

I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Then I find myself whirling around at warp speed nine, trying to write blogs and e-books, translate, teach, and still be a half-way decent housewife and mother.

Of course this doesn't work, because there are still only 24 hours in a day. I wind up stressed and snappy, and usually unproductive.

Over the years, I've frequently sworn that I'd stop, and do one thing at a time like a normal, sensible person. The catch is that I'm neither normal nor sensible, so that doesn't work either.

Then I tried analysing it. Do I perhaps keep myself terribly busy to avoid facing problems? Nope. Don't think so. I'm stressed, not depressed. Believe me, I've had depression, and I know the difference.

Is it cock-eyed optimism? On some level, am I think that if I really hope and believe, suddenly there'll be 100 hours in a day?

Nope. Or I'd probably believe in The Secret too.

I've finally admitted the obvious. I bite off more than I can chew because I'm greedy. I want the novel and the websites and the e-book and the clean house. I want it all, and I want it now.

And if I don't watch out, I'll give myself indigestion.

No comments: