Monday, November 28, 2011

Discumknockerated

Wow what a week!

I worked as a tour guide on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

I spent most of Wednesday morning on paperwork for a friend's car (the car was taken off the road in 2006, and they're still demanding road tax. But I finally have proof that the car's long gone.)

On Thursday evening, Friday evening to 2 am and all day Saturday (8:30 am- 7 pm) I was in a seminar about astro-tourism on La Palma.  We have these wonderful, starry skies that not many people know about - how do we work as a group to get the word out and give the tourists a good time?

It was great.  I got to meet interesting people, many of whom are interested in buying my Guide to the Observatory when it's ready, and to find out what they'd want from a Starlight Guide.  And I got to do fun things like drink the new "star quality" wine which should be on the market in time for Christmas.

But I spent most of Sunday doing very, very little.

No comments: