Friday, August 31, 2012

Rushed



It's all been a bit rushed since we got back. Scrub that. It's all been very rushed.

The holiday was great, but towards the end, I got an ear-infection. It got more and more painful, until I was taking the maximum dose of ibuprofen and the maximum dose of paracetamol, and still waking up wanting more. I started running a fever, too.

The flight home on Monday was a bit grim, what with the ears and the pressure changes. We got home at 7 pm, which just gave us time to fetch the cats from the cattery and for me to go see a doctor. In Santa Cruz de La Palma there's a thing called the ambulatorio, which is something like A&E for people who aren't actually bleeding profusely.

The doctor said that it sounded like a virus, and he didn't think he'd be able to help. Then he looked down my ears, said, “Eugh!” and gave me a prescription for antibiotics.

Yes, well. I knew it was bad.

The antibiotics kicked in pretty quickly, and it stopped hurting by Wednesday, but I'm still half-deaf, and still catching up on missed sleep.  Plus, of course, a week's worth of laundry and a week's worth of dust to sort out.
I met Helen, who's doing the layout to A Breathtaking Window on the Universe and I love what she's done with the bit I left her to work on.  that got me working on the book again.  Slowly, but I've started.

No comments: