Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Gatwick Bloc Hotel



I booked over the internet, and I had doubts about sleeping in a room without a window. But it was affordable and right in the airport and I didn't have a lot of time for hunting around. It was only for one night so...

Actually, I love it, and so does my son. The décor's very modern, but it isn't bland or irritating. The room's rather small, but the bed is huge (king sized) and comfy. That doesn't leave a whole lot of floor space, but then I wasn't planning on holding line dancing classes in here.

The telly is also huge. It's a flat screen fixed into the wall at the end of the bed, and you sit or sprawl on the bed to watch it.

The bedside table doubles as the desk. This would be a problem if I were planning to write a whole novel in here. But I'm writing this sitting up in bed anyway.

There's a tablet fixed in the wall by the bed to control the lights and heating/aircon. It also allows you to check out, so you don't have to queue at at reception. Very high tech. Unfortunately it doesn't include an app for a handsome young man in a loin cloth with a feather fan and a jug of mojitos, but perhaps that's in next year's upgrade.

Best of all, the lift goes down to the departures hall. This was handy for dinner because there's a gaziollion shops and eateries down there. It'll also be handy in the morning.

The only problem is that the new season of Dr Who starts in ten minutes, and there's no sofa to hide behind.

One way and another, I think we'll be back.


Night night.

No comments: